Job Posting: Direct Support Staff
Klamath Falls, Or – Full Time @ $11.25/Hr
This position involves assisting individuals experiencing various disabilities, including intellectual & developmental disabilities in the acquisition of work maturity skills necessary to obtain employment and independently maintain employment in the community. Job Coaches provide ongoing support to participants working at various employment sites within the community. This support is individual-based and centered around work-related goals that focus on helping the participant obtain the maximum level of independence within their job. Job Coaches provide the supports necessary to ensure success at future employment opportunities. Service will be provided at the participant’s place of employment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs work alongside participants for purposes of training, role modeling, and supporting the needs of the participants and the employer.
- Teaches work skills (or life skills where appropriate) to clients at various job sites using simple and repetitious training methods. Consistently model appropriate work maturity skills and hold participants to the same expectations.
- Provide services to participants without discrimination as to race, religion, sex, age, or disabling condition.
- Monitor participant’s work performance, and provide feedback and prompts as needed.
- Provide proper documentation on all participants’ work performance.
- Provides personal and career counseling as well as behavioral intervention for participants.
- Ensure safety is being maintained in the work environment at all times.
- Maintain and model positive, professional working relationships with participants and other agency staff.
- Provide service for participants regardless of location by creating and maintaining an atmosphere that is welcoming, understanding, communicative, and supportive of participants.
- Attend required meetings and in-service training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to adults.
- Demonstrated warmth, insight, interest, and respect for persons with disabilities.
- Able and knowledgeable to cope with emergency situations (i.e. accidents, CPR, seizures, etc.), in a calm and efficient manner.
- Able to work well in a noisy environment, and demonstrate high levels of patience and positive attitudes toward persons experiencing Intellectual/developmental disabilities as well as other barriers.Job CoachREACH Inc. (Job Description, Reach-JC) 6-2-2017 Rev. 1, pjr
- Able and willing to be a team player and to work cooperatively with their supervisor.
- Able to communicate effectively with the participants and supervisors that they work with.
- Minimum 18 years of age and have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Possess and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license and insured vehicle that meets minimum State of Oregon insurance requirements.
- Able to pass and provide a Background Check that meets State of Oregon requirements.
- Prefer one year experience delivering supported employment services or direct care services either in classroom, place of employment, daycare, medical, or residential settings.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Possess and maintain current CPR/1st Aid Certificate, or willing to obtain one within 30 days from date of hire.
- Must have Department of Human Services (DHS)-Office of Developmentally Delayed Services (ODDS) Core Competency and Training Standards for Employment Professionals Certification or complete it within 12 months of hire.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the Job Coach will be required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; speak and hear clearly.
- The noise level in the work environment varies from low to high. The job requires the ability to walk, climb stairs, kneel, stoop, and may require the employee to lift and/or move items weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The job may require extended periods of sitting or standing.
- The Job Coach may be required to work long hours, and may be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends and must regularly interact with co-workers and the public.